Via Garona: a big fiesta on the Manciès man-made lake on 6 July!
Surfing on the wave of the ‘Fête du Nautisme’ (Water Sports Festival, a national event held on 6 July), a big celebration will take place on and around the Manciès reservoir (the largest man-made lake in Haute-Garonne).
Mixing sports, games and culture, it will be spread over several different locations :
- recreational and sporting activities on the Rieux-Volvestre and Carbonne water sports centres (trial sessions in sailing, rowing, fishing, etc)
- a forum on the site of Les Jardins du Volvestre, in Salles-sur-Garonne, to chat, get informed and be entertained around themes such as tourism, agriculture, local low-impact ecological practices and the natural, cultural and environmental identity of the Garonne valley
- an area dedicated to music, dance and other entertainment in the centre of Salles-sur-Garonne.
In the evening, there will be celebrations on both sides of the river :
- in Rieux-Volvestre, a vin d’honneur followed by a concert at 7pm (Libertalia)
- in Salles-sur-Garonne, a giant paella at 8pm (prior booking required) followed by a bal populaire at 10pm (live music by the Calicoba band).